Sunday, December 26, 2010

Relative Snowtime

Hello all,
Sadly, my camera has vanished to the great technology cloud in the sky (translation:  I can't find it because I'm notoriously unorganized).  However, I did manage to snap all of four pics from my phone.  So here they are:
At night, with a crappy flash.  Look at the amazing white streaks of doom!
This was early afternoon.  The snow was about a foot deep at this point.
Behold the snowdrift!
Out front.  It was difficult to separate the street from the sidewalk.
So yeah.  It was beautiful and horrendously cold.  I got into a snowball fight with my dad (he retreated back inside after a little bit) and later on with my brother and nephew.  Fun times.  Although you can't tell in the photos, it was snowing HARD the entire time.  It's only tapered off within the last hour or two.
Speaking of nephews...
Why do small children exist?  They are intensely annoying and difficult to be around.  I can only tolerate anyone under the age of 10 for an hour or two at a time before I start contemplating pulling my hair out.  Seriously, they are loud, annoying, disobedient, and incapable of attention spans longer than that of a disoriented goldfish.  I'm sure that there are some small children out there who are decent, but as for the other ones...ugh.
This is why I dedicate all of my limited maternal feelings to my cat.  Cats don't scream in the middle of the night because they're teething or throw temper tantrums in grocery stores because you won't buy them their favorite sugar-laden sweet.  That, and cats are cute and fluffy.  Like mine!  Observe the contrast:
vs.

Yes, that is my kitty.  Isn't she pretty?  Now if you'll pardon me, I'm going to go hug her.
Cheers,
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment