Friday, December 24, 2010

Family Sneezings

Hello non-existent readers,
In case you somehow missed the notification, it's Christmas Eve.  If I celebrated Christmas, I would probably be excited about this.  But as I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and therefore do not partake of such occasions, I am instead sitting at home wrapped in a battered sweatshirt and poking my brain for writing inspiration.
Both my parents are sick with the flu (oh joy), so there is little going on at the moment.  I've managed to avoid contamination so far and am hoping it remains that way.
Let's see, what else is there to say?  Ah, yes, I've seen Tron: Legacy recently.  Spoilers ahoy, can't say I didn't warn you.  Although I've never seen more than a couple minutes of the original, I was still quite able to enjoy the movie.  Plot was cool, characters were neat, Jeff Bridges is very awesome.  If nothing else, the visuals were awe-inspiring and the music was phenomenal (currently a happy owner of the soundtrack and am squeeing over Daft Punk).
I am, however, curious as to how a sentient and peeved computer program would actually be able to take over the world.  Forcible Rick Rolling of all Internet-enabled computers?  Would said computer program even be corporeal, and if so, how?  If he's flesh and blood, would he still be able to interface with TEH INTERWEBS to cause chaos?  What about his army?
Ah, the questions of a geek.
Anyway, hopefully I will start writing again soon.  For now, it's off to my room for lots of epic-ish music and an attempt at brainstorming.  Or I'll just get lazy and play The Sims.
Cheers,
Shauna

2 comments: