Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wedding Dreams

I had an...interesting dream last night.
It started out as a wedding. One of my best friends was getting married, and he showed up to the wedding in casual wear. No one seemed to mind, and I have to admit that this would be rather in-character for him.
Rings were swapped, vows were exchanged, the clergyman made it through without any sign of a speech impediment, and the dream moved onto the reception.
Then I saw a tall man in the crowd with no face. I think you can guess where this is going.
He just stood there, staring at me, surrounded by people who didn't seem to see him. Then his arms stretched and morphed into thousands of tentacles and began to tear the walls apart. The ceiling started to fall in, people were screaming, and my friend, my very best friend, the one I've been in love with for years, was ripped apart and thrown aside like a doll.
There was so much blood...
And all I could do was stand there, watching as the nightmare spiraled into fire and death, hearing my dad's voice yelling at me to run and not look back. I couldn't move, I couldn't think, not even as one of his tentacles wrapped itself around my throat and started to squeeze...
I woke myself up screaming.
So far, there's been no sign of the Slender Man outside my dreams. What is he waiting for? Is he distracted with all the other runners and fighters? Is he just playing with me, waiting for my mind to break on its own?
I can't let that happen. Not before I find out why he was after my mother, why he stalked her from childhood. Maybe there wasn't anything special about her. Maybe that's just him, his sick, twisted method of interaction.
But...I think there's more to this.
Time to start up the crappy car and start driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment