Thursday, January 13, 2011

Update Failure

Hey all,
WOW.  I fail at staying regular with this thing, don't I?  Let me see, nothing posted since December 30, which means I have gone roughly two weeks without writing anything.  Apologies to anyone still reading. I shall try my best to be a little more consistent from now, although I can't make any promises given my slightly ADD-nature.
So.  I've started my second semester of college.  I'm taking Honors World Religions, Honors English, Intro to Creative Writing, Intro to Sociology, and Intro to Criminal Justice.  That's a lot of Honors and Intros.  Creative Writing is by far the most enjoyable class I've had in a long time; I get to write angsty poetry and rambling stories and get points for it!  Woo!  For instance, our homework for last class was to listen to a piece of music we enjoy and then write whatever comes to mind.  That's it.  I picked "Lux Aeterna" from the movie Requiem for a Dream.  It's a beautiful piece of music, so I'll stick it right here if anyone wants to listen to it.  It actually managed to inspire me to write a scene that will be part of the climax of Dawn of Night, so that's awesome.

World Religions is unfortunately a little dull because the professor is very old and very drone-y.  Anyone who's had a droner knows what I'm talking about.  Our first topic is Hinduism, which is very different from anything I've studied before.  After that, I believe we'll go into Buddhism, and then Islam, Judaism, and Christianity (not necessarily in that order; I can't remember exactly what it said on the syllabus).
So that's been my two weeks.  I've been poking Dawn of Night, and it's sorta-kinda talking to me, more like a laryngitis-stricken whisper than a conversation, but I'll take what I can get.  Maybe by next week I'll finish up chapter 5, but I can't say for certain.
Cheers,
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment