Saturday, April 2, 2011

Decision Expansion

So, about that car.
I made my decision to stop relying on public transportation and get a car after I was jumped by a proxy while on a bus.
That sentence sounds incredibly grammatically awkward, but I can't bring myself to make it better.
I'm...not exactly sure what happened. I was sitting in my seat near the front, staring out the window and trying to stay awake, when...God, I don't really know. But somebody punched me and there was blood and it hurt hurt hurt and people were screaming and...
It was not fun.
When my brain had finished processing "punched in the head, somebody's trying to kill you," I realized I was pinned in the aisle of the bus, and some big guy was reaching for my throat. He was huge, way stronger than me. I tried to scramble away, but he got his fingers around my throat and was squeezing and I couldn't breathe it hurt couldn't breathe
Then I...
I don't know...
I just remember there was this hideously loud sound and crashing. Maybe the bus crashed. Maybe we slammed into something. Hell, maybe a Goddamn unicorn ran in front of us and impaled the bus on its horn. I don't know. But I found myself lying face down in glass and metal. There was blood all over the place, people crying. I couldn't move, and everything hurt so damn bad...Somebody came over and look at me, felt my pulse.
They held my hand.
It...whoever that person was...thank you. I wish I could've seen your face.
It seemed like forever, but eventually I heard the sound of the ambulances. They started loading people up. I think I passed out as they came for me.
I woke up in the hospital a while later. The accident was on Monday night, and I came to early Tuesday morning, spent the next few days recuperating. I'm lucky. I came away with just a cracked rib and my face all cut up, but some people on that bus...they didn't make it.
God, I feel...I feel so guilty. If I hadn't been on that bus...
So yeah.
Getting a car and getting the hell out of this state. New Jersey's my destination. Why?
Because my mother's from New Jersey. I don't know what I'll find there, but I'm planning to head over to her hometown and...do...something. I guess. I'm just flailing around here.
So that's been my week.
I've had better.

2 comments:

  1. As have we all, no? But it could be worse, right? And, New Jersey. Things are going DOWN over there right now. No, wait, they've just recovered from going down. Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed. What is it about Joisey and eldritch abominations?

    ReplyDelete